LANAP® Laser Treatment
What Is LANAP®?
Did you know gum disease is one of the most common conditions in America? Sadly, very few seek treatment for it, mainly because of fear or anxiety about surgery.
You’ll be glad to know there is now a non-surgical, minimally invasive way to have a healthier smile – LANAP® laser treatment.
Treatment with the FDA-approved, gentle LANAP® laser can reverse gum disease, and it is the only treatment clinically proven to regenerate both gum and bone tissue.
LANAP® can do it all without the need for scalpels, cutting, or sutures!
Here are some of the benefits of choosing a non-surgical treatment for periodontal disease:
Why You Will Love This Alternative to Periodontal Surgery
The LANAP® laser allows for a painless, thorough treatment, and promotes regeneration and attachment of gum tissue for full periodontal health recovery.
The LANAP® laser removes infection below the gum line without compromising healthy gum tissue the way traditional periodontal surgery can.
Because no gum tissue is cut or sutured, you can expect a quicker and more comfortable healing process. Most patients return to their normal schedule right away.
Why Choose Us for LANAP® Laser Treatment?
Not just any dentist can perform LANAP® laser dentistry!
Training for this specialty service requires completing comprehensive, clinical, hands-on, and dentist-to-dentist training at the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry.
Our team of experts at Dental Group of Westchester includes dentists who have completed this training and are highly experienced in periodontal care.
Dr. Edward Brant spent four additional years in dentistry school to achieve a nationally recognized specialist certification in Periodontics. Dr. Brant is sought out as a teacher for other surgeons, dentists, and dental hygienists at the local, national, and international level.
FAQs About LANAP® Laser Treatment
- What does LANAP® laser treatment involve? LANAP® laser treatment usually takes two, 2-hour visits to complete. One side of your mouth is completed during one visit and the other side is treated at the next visit.
A laser fiber, the width of three human hairs, uses laser energy to gently and effectively remove disease-causing bacteria from between the gums and teeth. Ultrasonic waves loosen bacterial deposits on the teeth and these are flushed away with an antibacterial rinse.
Once cleaned, the regeneration of healthy gum tissue can begin.
- Will I experience any post-treatment discomfort with LANAP® ? Generally, very little discomfort is experienced by our LANAP® patients. Some may experience a little gum soreness for a few days following treatment, which can be treated with over-the-counter pain medication.
There are a few important directions to follow post-treatment:
- Don’t brush or floss for 7-10 days after treatment to allow gums to heal properly
- Follow a soft diet
- Don’t smoke; this can interfere with the healing process
- Who is a good candidate for LANAP® laser treatment?
LANAP® laser treatment is a great option for any patient with moderate to severe gum disease.
In the past, gum surgery was the only option for these patients, but LANAP® makes it possible to restore healthy gums without all the drawbacks of dental surgery.
For patients who would prefer a non-surgical, minimally-invasive option for their periodontal treatment, LANAP® is the perfect solution!
- Will my insurance cover treatment with LANAP®? Most dental insurances do cover treatment for periodontal disease. So yes, your treatment most likely is covered.
We will work with your dental insurance provider to find out about your coverage plan and then set up a treatment plan, according to your budget.